Thursday 4 February 2016

Drowning in passwords

I'm a data manager, so I'm pretty organized and efficient in most aspects of my life.  But recently, like in the last year or so, I've become so swamped with using dozens of different passwords for websites that I've had to write them all down.  I can't even remember my pin codes sometimes for the different debit/credit cards I have, as I have both UK and Danish bank accounts (plus a work card).  I feel embarrassed by my inability to remember my codes, even though most of them are the same with a number change here or there.


I have various websites through work which require a password change every three months, plus the usual websites which everyone uses: Facebook, Twitter, Gmail.  I wanted to play a little online poker, that was two new passwords - one for the website, one for the card payment website.  I had a courier deliver a package to me, but I was away so I had to sign up to their website to get it re-delivered on a different date. 


Maybe I could de-register from many of the websites, but I know somewhere down the line I'm going to be needing that company again and I can't be bothered to register again.  I'm ranting about a first world problem, I know, but I needed to let it out.


So for now, my master password list is safely hidden.  I hope I'm not the only one who has one, but if I am then maybe I do need to get my memory checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment