Monday 27 January 2014

Review: Half Bad by Sally Green



I was lucky to win this ARC on Goodreads and it was the first competition I’ve ever entered and I won!   I only entered after reading about Sally Green in an article in a British newspaper online, but I’m very glad I did because this will surely be one of the biggest books of 2014.  Before even beginning to read the book it already scored highly to me because of the original, fresh and intriguing premise, something which is severely lacking in today’s literary world.  Most of all, I’m pleased to say that it delivers and more.  
 
                I was gripped from the first page and from then on it was an intoxicating ride on every level.  Dark, intense and heart-pounding, and I’m sure there are many other superlatives which I could use to describe it if only my vocabulary wasn’t so limited.  Most importantly for me, though, it sits amongst the list of a very few books that I will re-read (The Hobbit is one of them) because despite knowing what happens, the story and characters are just that good that you want to get lost in them all over again, every year. 


                This will be a huge success and I, like millions of others I don’t doubt, will be eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. 

5/5  *****

Half Bad will be released on 3rd March 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment